Field No. 15 Peat Free Vegetable Planting Topsoil
What is it?
Field No.15 Vegetable Planting Topsoil is a nutrient rich blend of sandy loam, multipurpose compost and soil improver.
What does it do?
Field No.15 is ideal for re-potting and feeding of vegetable plants, mature foliage and shrubs in raised beds or containers either outdoors or indoors.
- It has a low bulk density which aids drainage and encourages the establishment of plant roots.
- It contains a high level of organic matter that will help hold nutrients more effectively in the root zone.
- It contains a balanced level of major nutrients and trace elements that will naturally encourage plant growth.
- It has a high water retaining capacity, reducing the requirement for irrigation.
How do you use it?
For use in raised beds simply fill the bed with the Field No.15 vegetable planting topsoil then either plant seeds directly or transplant young plants from the greenhouse. Once the raised bed is planted it is beneficial to apply a mulch such as Field No.8 Ornamental Bark Mulch or Field No.12 Veggie Mulch around the plants to a depth of 75-100mm.
For use in pots follow these simple steps:
- Ensure the pot can drain excess water through the base. It is often beneficial to introduce some “crocks” or broken polystyrene to serve this purpose.
- Remove the plant from its current pot and gently tease out the roots.
- Fill the base of the pot/container/raised bed with the Field No.15 so that the top of the root ball sits just below the top of the pot/container.
- Fill the area around the plant with Field No.15, firming it in as you go to eliminate air pockets.
- Water in according to the weather conditions. If planted indoors or in a pot standing on a hard area make sure there is an adequate drip tray/saucer to collect excess water.
- Once planted in a pot it is a good idea to apply a mulch product such as the Field No. 11 Pine Pot Mulch to depth of about 15mm. This will help hold moisture in the pot/container, suppress the growth of weeds and liverworts, plus provide an aesthetically pleasing finish.
For more information and friendly advice
Give us a call on 01440 966966 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org