Field No.1 - Organic Soil Improver
Drought Busters Special Offer Price on Jumbo Bags!! Goods must be delivered by 31st August 2018
What is it?
High quality composted soil improver carefully graded to less than 10mm. Manufactured to BSI PAS100 (2018) from composted organic material. Contains more organic matter than manure or spent mushroom compost.
What Does It Do?
Quickly improves the quality of soil via the introduction of valuable organic matter and important plant nutrients. Benefits include:
- Field No.1 can be used as a mulch that provides an insulating “blanket” for the soil that will suppress weeds whilst protecting plants and bulbs from frost and severe weather conditions.
- Field No.1 will stimulate the eco-system in the soil. The increased worm activity will quite literally dig this valuable source of organic matter into the soil for you.
- Field No.1 supplies plenty of potash which is nature’s answer to anti-freeze for plants.
- Field No.1 naturally releases balanced levels of phosphate that will help stimulate root growth.
- Field No.1 slowly releases nitrogen as the soil warms up helping to bring your garden back to life in the spring.
- Field No.1 contains an abundance of humic acid that holds nutrients in the plant rootzone for longer.
- Field No.1 will encourage beneficial microorganisms in the soil that improve plants resistance to disease.
How do you use it?
Spread evenly over bare soil to a depth of 10 cm; then for best results dig in with a spade or a fork; or leave it for the worms to do the hard work for you over a longer period of time.
Remember Field 1 should always be mixed with soil before planting.
For more information on how to use this product effectively download our specification sheet.