Field No.2 - Premium Peat Free Growbag
What is it?
A premium quality peat free growbag suitable for use in greenhouses, conservatories or on patios.
What Does It Do?
Field No.2 premium peat free growbags provide an anytime, anywhere solution for growing vegetables and herbs all year round. Each bag contains a tried and tested compost blend that is perfectly suited to growing shallow rooted vegetable and herb plants.
What are the Benefits
- Field No.2 growbags are ideal for nutrient hungry plants that don't have deep roots, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, chilli peppers, aubergines, courgettes and squashes.
- Field No.2 growbags can be used at anytime of year and in any location that maintains the growing conditions for the chosen plant species.
- Field No.2 contains a natural supply of slow release nutrients and trace elements that are essential to the healthy growth and development of plants.
- Field No.2 has excellent water holding and re-wetting properties.
How do you use it?
- Hold bag at one end and gently shake to loosen and evenly distribute compost along the bag.
- Pierce the bottom of the bag for drainage and cut out pre-marked growing squares.
- Dependent on the crop, plant two to three plants in each bag. Alternatively, cut a long panel in the top of the bag and sow salads in rows.
- Keep the compost moist and feed plants such as aubergine, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers with a high potash fertiliser when flowers appear - this will ensure you get the plumpest fruit. When crops have finished, split the bag open and recycle the compost as a soil conditioner in the garden. When taller growing or top-heavy crops are 20cm (8in) high, why not try one of our special purpose growbag frames. This will prevent the plants from toppling over in the wind or if they become top heavy.