Field No.28 Forest Bark
What is it?
Field No.28 Forest Bark is a carefully blended mixture of conifer bark, woodchip and soil improver that is ideal for use on large planted areas, under hedges or trees.
What does it do?
Provides an aesthetically pleasing protective mulch layer whilst releasing essential plant nutrients as it breaks down.
What are the benefits?
- Field No.28 suppresses the growth of existing perennial weeds and resists colonisation by annual weed seeds.
- Field No.28 is great value for money.
- Field No.28 provides an aesthetically pleasing authentic forest floor appearance to planted areas.
- Field No.28 allows for clean access to planted areas whilst resisting soil compaction from foot traffic.
- Field No.28 holds moisture in the soil reducing the need for irrigation.
- Field No.28 adds an insulating layer to the base of plants resisting the climatic extremes of freezing/drought conditions.
- Field No.28 increases soil organic matter levels as it slowly degrades over time.
- Field No.8 improves soil structure overtime making it easier to dig.
How much do I need?
Measure the approximate surface area of the bed or border you wish to mulch.
Decide how deep you wish to install the mulch. For best results 75mm – 100mm is recommended.
1m³ of this product will be sufficient to cover the following surface area:
|Depth of mulch:
Alternatively give us a call with the dimensions of the area you wish to mulch and we will do the calculations for you.
Directions for use
- Clear weeds from area ahead of planting. Spraying off with a systemic herbicide such as glyphosate two to three weeks prior to planting is particularly effective.
- Prepare and cultivate the root zone. The addition of Field No. 1 Organic Soil Improver or Field No.16 Tree and Shrub Planting Compost is recommended at this stage.
- To further reduce maintenance requirements and to increase mulch life a geo-textile mat can be laid ahead of planting. Select our great value purchase option that includes a 1000L bulk bag with a 10 square metre roll of Mulchtex Weedmat and Pegs.
- Install plants.
- Spread Field No.28 evenly at a depth of between 75 and 100mm (3 to 4 inches) allowing at least 10% for settlement.
- For best results reduce disturbance of mulch once installed.
- For best results top up levels every 6-12 months.