Field No.11 Pine Pot Mulch
What is it?
A premium quality finely graded to less than 12mm pine bark.
What does it do?
Field No.11 can be used either as ornamental bark mulch or spread on top of plant pots to suppress weed, moss and liverwort growth.
What are the benefits?
- FSC Certified.
- Attractive, high quality ornamental mulch for use on plant pots and densely planted borders.
- Suppresses the growth of moss, weeds and liverworts that may inhibit plant growth.
- Very free draining and holds moisture in the soil reducing the need for irrigation.
- Adds an insulating layer to the planted area resisting climatic extremes of freezing/drought conditions.
How much do I need?
- Measure the approximate surface area of the bed or border you wish to mulch.
- Decide how deep you wish to install the mulch. For best results on pots 10-15mm is recommended whereas on borders 25mm – 50mm is recommended.
- 1m³ of this product will be sufficient to cover the following surface area:
|Depth of mulch:
Alternatively give us a call with the dimensions of the area you wish to mulch and we will do the calculations for you.
Directions for use as mulch
- Clear weeds from area ahead of planting. Spraying off with a systemic herbicide such as glyphosate two to three weeks prior to planting is particularly effective.
- Prepare and cultivate the root zone. The addition of Field No. 1 soil conditioner or Field No.16 Tree and Shrub planting compost is recommended at this stage.
- To further reduce maintenance requirements and to increase mulch life a geo-textile mat can be laid ahead of planting. Select our great value purchase option that includes a 1000L bulk bag with a 10 square metre roll of Mulchtex Weedmat and Pegs.
- Plant area.
- Spread Field No.11 evenly at a depth of between 25 and 50mm (1 to 2 inches) allowing at least 10% for settlement.
- For best results reduce disturbance of mulch once installed.
- For best results top up levels every 6-12 months.