Field No.24 - Ericaceous Soil Improver
What is it?
High quality composted mixed conifer bark residue carefully graded to less than 8mm. This product is from FSC Mixed Sources at a minimum of 70% and is Soil Association approved.
What Does It Do?
A low pH soil improver that helps increase soil organic matter in beds and borders where ericaceous plant species are being grown.
- Field No.24 can be used as a mulch that provides an insulating “blanket” for the soil that will suppress weeds whilst protecting plants and bulbs from frost and severe weather conditions.
- Field No.24 will stimulate the eco-system in the soil. The increased worm activity will quite literally dig this valuable source of organic matter into the soil for you.
- Field No.24 contains an abundance of humic acid that holds nutrients in the plant rootzone for longer.
- Field No.24 will encourage beneficial microorganisms in the soil that improve plants resistance to disease.
- Field No.24 is entirely pest, disease and weed free
How do you use it?
Spread evenly over bare soil to a depth of 10 cm; then for best results dig in with a spade or a fork; or leave it for the worms to do the hard work for you over a longer period of time. Remember Field No.24 should always be mixed with soil before planting.