Field No.8 Contract Ornamental is a popular mixed conifer bark mulch that is frequently specified by landscape architects for commercial planting contracts. It is screened to a 10-40mm particle size, is FSC certified, conforms to BS EN 4790:1997 for fire resistance and contains less than 20% white wood, dust and fines.
How do you use it?
1. Clear weeds from area ahead of planting. Spraying off with a systemic herbicide such as glyphosate two to three weeks prior to planting is particularly effective.
2. Prepare and cultivate the root zone. The addition of Field No. 1 soil conditioner or Field No.16 Tree and Shrub planting compost is recommended at this stage.
3. To further reduce maintenance requirements and to increase mulch life a geo-textile mat can be laid ahead of planting.
4. Plant area.
5. Spread Field No.8 evenly at a depth of between 75 and 100mm (3 to 4 inches) allowing at least 10% for settlement.
6. For best results reduce disturbance of mulch once installed.
7. For best results top up levels every 6-12 months.
8. Spread around planted borders to suppress weed growth, conserve moisture and set plants off beautifully.