Field No.38 Decorative Mixed Conifer Bark
What is it?
Field No.38 Decorative Mixed Conifer Bark is a coarsely graded aesthetically pleasing mixed conifer bark mulch ideal for use on beds and borders. It is screened to a 35-40mm particle size, is FSC certified, and contains less than 20% white wood, dust and fines.
What does it do?
Provides an aesthetically pleasing protective mulch layer for beds, borders and planters.
What are the benefits?
- Field No.38 suppresses the growth of existing perennial weeds and resists colonisation by annual weed seeds.
- Field No.38 provides an aesthetically pleasing dark under layer to planted areas.
- Field No.38 allows for clean access to planted areas whilst resisting soil compaction from foot traffic.
- Field No.38 holds moisture in the soil reducing the need for irrigation.
- Field No.38 adds an insulating layer to the base of plants resisting the climatic extremes of freezing/drought conditions.
- Field No.38 lasts for up to 2 years gradually increasing soil organic matter levels as it slowly degrades over time.
- Field No.38 will improve soil structure overtime making it easier to dig.
- Field No.38 reduces the need for watering in drier months.
How much do I need?
Measure the approximate surface area of the bed or border you wish to mulch.
Decide how deep you wish to install the mulch. For best results 50mm – 75mm is recommended.
1m³ of this product will be sufficient to cover the following surface area:
|Depth of mulch:
Alternatively give us a call with the dimensions of the area you wish to mulch and we will do the calculations for you.
Directions for use
- Clear weeds from area ahead of planting. Spraying off with herbicide such as glyphosate two to three weeks prior to planting is particularly effective.
- Prepare and cultivate the root zone. The addition of Field No. 1 Organic Soil Improver or Field No.16 Tree and Shrub planting compost is recommended at this stage.
- To further reduce maintenance requirements and to increase mulch life a geo-textile mat can be laid ahead of planting. Select our great value purchase option that includes a 1000L bulk bag with a 10 square metre roll of Mulchtex Weedmat and Pegs.
- Install plants.
- Spread Field No.38 evenly at a depth of between 50 and 75mm (2 to 3 inches) allowing at least 10% for settlement.
- For best results reduce disturbance of mulch once installed.
- For best results top up levels every 6-12 months.